Opportunity for an enthusiastic .NET developer to join our dynamic, friendly, well-established software development company at our offices in Leith, Edinburgh. We are looking for recent graduates (or final year students) to join our engineering team in 2023.
We can offer a full-time position for those already graduated, or for final year students we offer 20 hours per week to allow you work around your studies but with the expectation that you will move to a permanent, full-time position when ready.
Based in Leith, we currently employ a team of ten people providing government and businesses with online solutions with a particular focus on the agricultural, environmental and food sectors. You may not have heard of us, but if you’ve bought fresh meat, fruit or vegetables from a supermarket in the UK, their provenance will likely have been checked or tracked at some point using our systems.
With the continued pressures on the UK’s food supply chain due to economic and regulatory changes, to support client demand we need to further expand our team.
We strive to offer a working environment that is rarely found in bigger businesses:
- We’re a friendly close-knit team with an absence of corporate jargon and office politics.
- We’re agile and innovative where larger organisations struggle to adapt.
- We believe that every team member should have input in to decisions that count.
- We think that a job should fit around life, with flexible start and end times and the ability to work remotely when needed.
As most of our employees stay with us for years, we think this approach works.
Your primary role will be to develop and support .Net web applications based upon specifications provided by senior developers, using our in-house web framework running on top of ASP.Net and SQL Server; however there will be opportunities to develop your programming, design and leadership abilities as part of a constructive and multi-skilled team.
We are transitioning our technology stack to Razor, Blazor and ASP.Net Core, and you will be involved in the process of refreshing and redeveloping our services using the latest web frameworks and in-house tools.
We'll offer you the opportunity to work with a whole spectrum of clients, from small charities right up to government departments within a relaxed and innovative environment. We also offer a clear career development pathway for all our employees with regular reviews and opportunities for promotion to more senior roles.
- Employment type: Full or Part-time (20 hours per week)
- Salary: £29K - £34K dependent on experience (pro rated for 20 hours for part-time positions)
- Location: Hybrid working with expectation of at least 2 days in the office in Edinburgh
We are looking for someone with:
- An understanding of how to apply object-oriented principles to code and data
- Familiarity with coding in C# and with the .Net framework / .Net core in general
- Experience creating ASP.Net web user controls, or familiarity with Razor, MVC and other Microsoft web technologies
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS and responsive design techniques
- Knowledge of SQL, and MS SQL Server in particular would be an advantage
- Ability to produce documented, well-structured and maintainable code
- A willingness to learn, and the ability to grasp new concepts quickly
With our focus on data integration and bulk processing, we’re particularly interested if you have experience with:
- Designing and implementing RESTful web APIs
- Map/reduce techniques for data processing and analysis
We're currently in the office part-time. Our expectation is that new recruits will work from our office in Leith for a few days each week and the remainder from home.
How to Apply
Please send your CV with a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: we do not take calls from recruitment agencies